Things you may need...
Books and things...
Welcome to my personal patch on the Web.
Here I share my interests in life with whoever cares to know. Some in Afrikaans, some in English.
Please hang around and if you wish to comment, send me mail to any of the contact addresses below.
I care for ...
I support ...
Well... I think my photo's should tell the story well enough.
Most recent "thoughts of the day"...
- You don’t put sugar in your whiskey, do you?
One should never underestimate the power of vested interest.
- The difference is what people will do for you, and what they will do for your money. 11/8/2009.
- An ape without a tail is a dodo.
- Tell children what to do, not only when it has impact on your life.
- "Childishness" never disappears, it just becomes more difficult to hide with age - to get your way.
- "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it." -- Jonathan Winters, American comedian, born 11/11/1925
As sy gatvere begin wys, word die oumense bang.
- The female of the human species have been genetically selected to accept their fate in the interest of their offspring.
- Cruelty is only limited by the mind.
Hoe meer kennis die wetenskap bring, hoe meer wetenskaplik word die onkunde.
Jy het nie bestaansreg nie. – jy bestaan omdat jou stelsels reg werk en omdat
jy baie gelukkig is.
- Nothing optimises like optimism
Discretion is an attribute of few modern women
or men - and they go into high paid jobs: politics, judiciary,
If you know
your job, you work in parallel;
- The most important attribute of Life is to overcome its own disintegration.
- You cannot always revisit an error.
- Doubt before belief - Question before conviction.
- You cannot know the way you have not walked.
- There is no such thing as justice, only justification.
- You cannot touch the heart of a man to make him succeed in a situation where others will fail. He has it within him. (SADF Special Forces Training officer on TV 30/1/99)
"Ons kan saam sing, maar ons kan nie saam praat nie."
Joseph Skosana, 2009
Still valid Thoughts of yesterday
Use any of the modes of communication below to reach me.
For all the politicians who so deftly ignore everyone that voted for them:
You can shine your shoes and wear a suit
you can comb you hair and look quite cute
you can hide you face behind a smile
But one thing you can't hide
is when you're cripple inside.
John Lennon, President and Pope of the World, 1940 -1980
Copyright © 2004-2011 Servaas de Kock